You may install the PayPal IPN WordPress plugin by manually downloading and uploading the plugin files. If you do not already have a copy of the plugin you may submit an order here.
- Download the plugin from your order email receipt or account history.
- Navigate to the Plugins page in your WordPress admin panel.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
- Click Choose File, and then browse to the zip file for the plugin that you downloaded in step 1.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Click to activate the plugin once it has been installed.
Be sure to install the Angell EYE Updater plugin to receive future notices and automated updates.
To setup your WordPress PayPal IPN listener you will need to copy your IPN URL from the plugin’s general settings tab into your PayPal account profile’s IPN settings panel.
- From within your WordPress admin panel, navigate to Settings -> PayPal IPN.
- Highlight the PayPal IPN Primary URL and copy it to your clipboard (ie. Ctrl+C / Cmd+C)
- If you wish to enable logging for troubleshooting purposes, check the box and click Save.
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Click the Profile link on the My Account tab.
- Click Instant Payment Notification Preferences in the Selling Preferences section.
- Click Choose IPN Settings.
- Enter your IPN URL that you copied from the plugin settings.
- Click Receieve IPN messages (Enabled) to activate your IPN listener.
- Click Save to save your changes.
For more details about configuring IPN in a PayPal account, see PayPal’s IPN setup guide.
- Generate branded email notifications for employees and/or customers.
- Post messages on social networks.
- Remove an item from eBay that has sold on your website (or vice-verse).
The possibilities are endless!
Need to Run Multiple IPN URLs?
Need Additional Help?
Schedule a live meeting with Drew Angell, PayPal Certified Developer, and get all of your questions or concerns answered.
Featured PayPal Products and Services
PayPal for WooCommerceFREE!
WooCommerce Multiple PayPal Accounts Plugin$99.99
PayPal Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce$49.99
PayPal for WooCommerce – Credit Card Split Payment
Offers for WooCommerce$59.99
WordPress PayPal Invoice PluginFREE!
WordPress Maintenance$100.00 on the 1st of each month