Our PayPal Multi-Account for WooCommerce plugin allows you to process payments for 3rd party seller accounts by adding their PayPal account email address to the trigger conditions.
Optionally, you can include API credentials for the secondary account(s) as well.
Depending on the configuration of your PayPal Multi-Account trigger conditions and whether or not you have API credentials available, the ability to process refunds from WooCommerce will be affected.
Initiating a Refund
Refunds can be initiated right from the WooCommerce order details page.
There are two ways to initiate a refund for a WooCommerce Order, Manual Refunds and Refunds via PayPal Express Checkout.
- Manual refunds simply record the refund amounts entered by you in WooCommerce and do not facilitate the actual money refund to the Buyer’s account.
- Site Admin has to take care of actually transferring the money to the Buyer’saccount by themselves.
- In our case, we don’t recommend this option as there is a good chance that multiple PayPal accounts are involved, and handling refunds for them manually will be cumbersome.
Refunds via PayPal Express Checkout
- PayPal Multi-Account for WooCommerce enables refunds via PayPal Express Checkout.
- These payments are instantaneous, and the money will be refunded directly from the secondary PayPal accounts to the Buyer’s account.
- Whenever a refund is processed, each transaction will be refunded individually, and the WooCommerce order notes will be updated accordingly with the transaction details.
- We recommend Refunds via PayPal Express Checkout and the rest of the article is going to be focused on making refunds using the PayPal Express Checkout option.
PayPal for WooCommerce Multi-Account Management supports total order amount refund under the following conditions:
- All secondary accounts involved in the order have their API credentials added to them.
- The order is not older than 180 days.
- For a full refund, any shipping costs and the commission sent to the Primary account configured in PayPal for WooCommerce plugin will be refunded as well.
As of today, PayPal Multi-Account for WooCommerce does not support partial payments.
Please submit a feature request at AngellEye Support if this something that you want to see in PayPal Multi-Account for WooCommerce plugin.
Let’s See Some Examples
Let’s take some examples to understand how refunds will work with PayPal Multi-Account for WooCommerce plugin.
- 3 Secondary accounts and all of them have API credentials added to them.
- Account B is set to trigger for product Beanie.
- Account C is set to trigger for product T-shirt.
- Account D is set to trigger for product Hoodie.
- A global commission of 10% will be sent to the primary account (Account A) configured in PayPal for WooCommerce plugin.
- The Order includes a Beanie, a T-shirt, and a Hoodie.
- The order total can be refunded in full, including any commission and shipping costs.
At least 1 of the secondary accounts does not include API credentials.
Refunds should not be available at all because a partial refund is not supported with our current multi-account integration.
Need Additional Help?
Schedule a live meeting with Drew Angell, PayPal Certified Developer, and get all of your questions or concerns answered.
Featured PayPal Products and Services
PayPal for WooCommerceFREE!
WooCommerce Multiple PayPal Accounts Plugin$99.99
PayPal Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce$49.99
PayPal for WooCommerce – Credit Card Split Payment
Offers for WooCommerce$59.99
WordPress PayPal Invoice PluginFREE!
WordPress Maintenance$75.00 on the 1st of each month