PayPal Smart Payment Buttons provide a variety of ways to control the look and feel of payment buttons on your website as well as the user experience based on the payment type selected. With Smart Payment Buttons, you can customize the following aspects of your payment buttons:
- Size, Color, and Shape.
- Payment types: PayPal Checkout, PayPal Credit, Credit Cards, and Venmo
- Layout: Horizontal vs. Vertical button display.
With our PayPal for WooCommerce plugin, you can quickly and efficiently take advantage of the Smart Payment Buttons by following the steps below.
1. Navigate to Settings -> PayPal for WooCommerce
2. Select PayPal Express Checkout Gateway
3. Enable Smart Payment Buttons
- After enabling Smart Payment Buttons, a global customization form and four (4) location-specific customization forms will be available to you.
4. Smart Payment Button – Global Settings
- This customization form affects Smart Payment buttons across all pages.
- As you adjust the options, the live button preview will update to show you how the buttons will look when displayed on your website.
5. Smart Payment Button – Location Specific Settings
PayPal for WooCommerce supports Smart Payment Buttons at 4 different locations.
5.1 Single Product Button
- Enable PayPal Smart Button in product detail pages
5.2 Cart Button
- Enable PayPal Smart Payment Button in WooCommerce Cart page.
5.3 Mini-cart Button
- Enable PayPal Smart Payment Button in WooCommerce Mini-Cart page.
5.4 Checkout Page Button
- Enable PayPal Smart Payment Button in WooCommerce Checkout page.
6. Click the Save Button to Submit Changes
- After configuring PayPal Smart Payment Buttons, click the Save button at the bottom of the settings page to confirm your settings.
- PayPal Smart Payment Buttons are now enabled and functional on your website!
Need Additional Help?
Schedule a live meeting with Drew Angell, PayPal Certified Developer, and get all of your questions or concerns answered.