WooCommerce Price Per Word
Add the ability to set WooCommerce pricing for products based on the word or character count of a document. Buyers upload their document, the words / characters are counted on the fly, and the pricing is calculated accordingly.
Great for Services Like…
- Attorney Consults
- and many more!
Sometimes the WooCommerce pricing options available by default are simply not dynamic enough to suit your needs. WooCommerce Price Per Word aims to solve this problem for sellers that need variable pricing based on the word count or character count of an uploaded document.
When a buyer is ready to make a purchase they will upload a document directly to your product page. The word / character count (depending on how you have your settings configured) will be calculated and the price will be set based on your price per word or character set for that product.
The price will update instantly for the buyer to see on screen, and they can continue with their purchase.
2.0.12 – 07.01.2022
- Fix – Resolves JS Error
2.0.11 – 09.09.2020
- Fix – WooCommerce 4.5.0 and WordPress 5.5.1 compatibility.
2.0.10 – 07.24.2020
- Fix – Option to enter the character count in quantity field issue resolved.
2.0.9 – 07.23.2020
- Fix – Minimum product price issue resolved.
2.0.8 – 07.13.2020
- Fix – Pricing issue with Variable products resolved.
- Tweak – Updated translation for frontend labels.
2.0.7 – 04.07.2020
- Fix – Resolves issue with minimum product price.
- Verification – WordPress 5.4 compatibility.
2.0.6 – 03.27.2020
- Verification – WooCommerce 4.0.1 compatibility.
2.0.5 – 12.30.2019
- Fix – Resolves conflicts with Directories Pro plugin.
2.0.4 – 12.17.2019
- Tweak – Adjustment to Updater plugin notice dismissible.
- Tweak – Adjustment to Quantity input and make it readonly.
- Tweak – Adjustment to Display uploaded file in Cart page.
- Fix – Resolves conflicts with Elementor plugin.
2.0.3 – 11.20.2019
- Verification – WooCommerce 3.8 and WordPress 5.3 compatibility.
2.0.2 – 08.19.2019
- Feature – Adds AE Activation / Update System.
- Feature – Adds AE notification system.
- Tweak – Adjustments to AE Updater plugin link.
- Tweak – CSS tweaks to resolve checkout form QTY field issue.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with the parser doc file.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with Variable Product.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with Decimal Point.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with the parser pdf file.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with the Wrong Word Count.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with Translatable strings and update .pot file.
2.0.1 – 07.09.2019
- Tweak – Minor adjustments to hook usage.
2.0.0 – 04.04.2019
- Feature – Adds AE Updater compatibility for future notices and automated updates.
1.2.2 – 07.01.2018
- Feature – Adds Option to hide QTY field on the front end.
- Tweak – Adjustments to improve data sanitization for privacy and security.
- Fix – Resolves a conflict when 3-decimal pricing is being used.
1.2.1 – 12.14.2017
- Feature – Adds support for .po/.pot files.
- Feature – WooCommerce 3.x compatibility.
- Feature – Display price break table on product page when price break is enabled in pricing settings.
- Feature – Localizes plugin and adds default.po for translation.
- Tweak – Adjusts the way variable pricing gets displayed.
- Tweak – Adds 3 decimal pricing for variable products.
- Tweak – Adjustments to Quantity font size.
- Tweak – Replaces word-count library and other adjustments for more accurate word-count and more document type support.
- Fix – Resolves an issue with the minimum price option.
1.2.0 – 08.08.2016
- Tweak – IMPORTANT UPDATE- Moved the price per word/character option to the product level.
- Feature – Adds a word/character count cap so a submission is rejected if it has too high a count.
- Feature – Adds the option to setup price breaks, so the higher the count of words/characters the cheaper the price will be.
- Feature – Adds shortcode functionality.
- Feature – Adds compatibility for 3 decimal pricing.
- Feature – Adds a filter hook so you can customize the “Price per Word” label.
- Feature – Adds a bulk edit tool for easily adjusting Price Per Word/Character options on multiple products at once.
1.1.2 – 06.26.2016
- Fix – WooCommerce 2.6 Compatibility.
1.1.1 – 01.04.2016
- Fix – Resolves issue with minimum price setting.
1.1.0 – 12.17.2015
- Tweak – Allows for pricing with more than 2 decimals.
- Tweak – Allows for “price per character” as well as original “price per word”.
- Feature – Adds the option to set a minimum charge per item, so if a document only has a few words it would still charge the minimum.
- Feature – Adds an option you can enable so that buyers can simply enter a QTY and won’t be forced to upload a document.
- Fix – General code improvements and bug fixes.
1.0.0 – 10.20.2015
- Initial stable release.
This purchase is for a single site license that gives you access to updates and support for one year. After that, the plugin will continue to function as-is, but you will not be able to get updates or support until you renew the license.
WooCommerce Price Per Word Features
Price Per Word Settings
At the product level you will find options to configure the product pricing based on word or character count.
Price Per Word Calculated
Your buyer will upload their document. The word / character count will be used to calculate the price based on your pricing settings.
Price Per Word Shopping Cart
The WooCommerce shopping cart will display the file name, word count, and pricing details for the document that was uploaded.