You may install the PayPal Security WordPress plugin using the WordPress Plugin installer (automatic) or by manually downloading and uploading the plugin files.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins page, and click the Add New button.
- Search for “PayPal Security”.
- Click the Install Now link under the PayPal Security plugin in the list of results.
- Click the “Activate Plugin” link after the plugin has been installed.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory.
- Unzip the files and upload the folder into your plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/) overwriting previous versions if they exist.
- Navigate to your WordPress Plugins page and activate the PayPal Security plugin.
Automatic or manual updates through the WordPress plugins updater should work great for you. As always, though, we recommend backing up your site prior to making any updates just to be sure nothing goes wrong.
The PayPal Security scanner will be available in your WordPress admin panel under the Tools menu.
With the PayPal Security WordPress plugin installed and configured you’re ready to eliminate potential security vulnerabilities with your PayPal buttons! View our user guide for more details.