PayPal has launched a brand new set of products and tools for integrating payments called Complete Payments.
They are no longer officially supporting the Classic gateways, so we need to get you migrated into this new system as quickly as we can.
Here’s how this benefits you!
- Accept PayPal, Pay Later, and Venmo.
- Accept Debit / Credit Cards – No Login Required!
- Modern PayPal button stack with new features.
- No more $30/mo fee for Payments Pro!
- Fee for direct credit cards
reduced from 2.9% to 2.69%!
Get Help Migrating
We want to make this as simple and seamless as possible for you. This guide will help if you are comfortable doing it on your own.
If you are not comfortable with this or if you have any questions or concerns, please submit a ticket and we’ll help you through it directly.
If you are working with WooCommerce Token Payments / Subscriptions or our PayPal Multi-Account for WooCommerce plugin you will need to wait until further notice. These features are not yet supported in our PayPal Complete Payments integration, but they are coming soon!
1. Enable the PayPal Complete Payments Gateway
- To avoid potential downtime of payments on your website (which we never want!) we will first enable the new PayPal Complete Payments gateway.
- This way it is there and ready for us when we disable the Classic PayPal gateway(s).
- PayPal Complete Payments includes all the features of the Classic gateways combined.
- The new Advanced Credit Cards included with Comlete Payments will replace the Classic PayPal Pro gateway(s) you might be using.
- We have a detailed setup guide available for configuring Complete Payments on your site.
2. Browse to the PayPal Classic Gateways Page
- Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Payments from your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the View List button to the right of PayPal Classic Payment Gateway.
3. Disable Classic Gateway(s)
- Click through each of the PayPal Classic gateways you are using, uncheck the Enable/Disable box, and click Save at the bottom.
- At this point your migration is complete!
- You now have the latest-and-greatest integration available with PayPal, and you will be able to grow with all the new stuff they’re building in Complete Payments going forward.
- Once you are satisfied with what PayPal Complete Payments is giving you, you may feel free to cancel any Payments Pro subscriptions you are paying for as this is no longer needed.
- NOTE: If you are using PayPal Recurring Payments Profiles that are connected to PayPal Pro, you will need to hold off on canceling this until you migrate all of your subscription profiles.
Need More Help?
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to submit a ticket to our help desk. Our support team will be happy to help!