In this tutorial, we will learn how to configure the Gravity Forms Braintree Payments plugin to accept Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments in your Gravity Forms.
After following the steps shown below, you will be able to accept ACH payments from both Checking and Saving accounts.
We will also show you ways to enable both direct Credit Card and ACH payment in your Gravity Form.
This way, you can let your customers choose the payment mode and let them make the payment accordingly.
Before you get started with this tutorial, you need to have ACH payments enabled for your Braintree account to be able to accept ACH payments. And to do that, as of now, the only option is to get in touch with a customer support representative at Braintree.
1. Set up API Credentials in Gravity Forms Settings
- Login to your Braintree account and note down the Public Key, Private Key, and your Merchant ID.
- Set Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key in WP Dashboard > Forms > Settings > Braintree.
- Login to your Braintree account and generate a new Tokenization key.
Set the Tokenization key and your business name in WP Dashboard > Forms > Settings > Braintree.
2. Set up ACH Payments in Your Gravity Form
- Your forms need to have these two fundamental fields to accept ACH payments.
- Address field from Advanced Fields tab
- ACH field from the Pricing Fields tab
Use Custom Fields for Shipping and Billing Address
If you have custom inputs for addresses in your form and you want to map them to ACH payment address details, then check out our guide on Gravity Forms Braintree Payments Field Mapping.
3. Use Both ACH and Credit Card Payment Methods Together
- Besides ACH, if you also want to provide an option for Credit card payments in your form, then in addition to the fields shown in Step 2, include the Payment Types and Credit Card fields from the Pricing Fields tab.
4. Add a Product to Your Form
- To accept payments for a specific product that you want to sell, you will have to add a Product from the Pricing Field tab.
5. Set up A Braintree Feed for Your Form
- Finally, we will complete the setup by including a Braintree feed that will setup transactions with your Braintree account.
Example 1: Braintree ACH Payments
Example 2: Braintree Credit Card Payments
That’s it! You’re all set to receive Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Credit Card payments in your Gravity Forms. If you need additional help, please submit a ticket at our Support Help Desk.