Now that you have the PayPal Invoice plugin installed on your WordPress website, follow a few steps to configure the plugin.
You will link it to your PayPal account so that the plugin can create invoices on your behalf. You may also configure some optional values that the PayPal invoice will include by default.
1. Go to PayPal Invoicing -> Settings.
2. PayPal API Credentials
Log In with PayPal (Recommended)
- If you are testing with the PayPal sandbox, check the box to Enable PayPal Sandbox.
- Click the Log In with PayPal button to quickly and easily connect your PayPal account to the Invoicing plugin. (Recommended)
Use My Own PayPal REST App Credentials
If you have your own PayPal REST App configured for use with the Invoicing APIs, you may enter your credentials here for use with this plugin.
- Click “Add my own app credentials” to paste credentials from your own PayPal REST App.
- Make sure your REST application has been configured for use with Invoicing APIs.
- If using the Sandbox, make sure to enter Sandbox account credentials here.
3. My Business Information
New PayPal invoices will include this information by default. The invoice will display the data where merchant / seller details placeholders are for the invoice.
4. Default Values
There are a number of values available that could be the same or different on each PayPal Invoice that you create.
If you would like to set a default value for these fields you can do so here, and these values will be automatically applied to any new invoice you create.
Once the invoice has been created you may adjust these values.
- Shipping Rate % / Shipping Amount
- If you would like to use a percentage based shipping amount, use the Shipping Rate field.
- If you would like to use a flat-rate shipping amount, use the Shipping Amount field.
- Tax Name
- This name relates to the tax rule on the invoice.
- Tax Rate %
- The plugin will use this rate to calculate taxes on the order/item.
- Note to Recipient
- The buyer will see the note left here on the invoice.
- Terms and Conditions
- The buyer will see these terms and conditions displayed on the invoice.
Logging allows you to check the raw data that gets sent to and from PayPal for troubleshooting purposes. Logs are extremely useful if there is a problem that you need help fixing.
- Enable Logging – Check this box to enable the logging functionality.
- Log files will be available under /wp-content/uploads/angelleye-paypal-invoicing/ in your WordPress site structure.
Now that you have installed and configured the PayPal Invoice WordPress plugin, it’s time to put it to action! Take a look at our user guide for details on creating and managing PayPal Invoices.
Hey there. I don’t see an option to set a default currency or select a different currency while creating the invoice. Is there a filter for that, or do you plan to add this feature in the near future? (PS: I’d appreciate if you get back to me via email because this comment form doesn’t seem to have a subscribe feature.)
Right now it only supports USD. We’re going to be adding other currencies in the future, but we haven’t had the demand to make a priority to this point. Sorry I don’t have a better immediate answer for you.
Does this support AUD yet?
I’m sorry, but not yet. We just haven’t had enough demand for this to be able to make it a priority.
when I click create new invoice it says: There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.
This means a PHP failure is happening, but we need to see the exact error to know if it’s something in our plugin or something else conflicting on your site. As the note says, you should have gotten an email with this information. If you don’t see that, you can find PHP error logs on your web server. Please track that down and then submit a ticket to our help desk with as much detail as possible so that we can troubleshoot this accordigly. Thanks!
Can you update the link on the plugin to login to PayPal? It is just giving an error when clicked and forces you to manually enter all your credentials.
Please submit a ticket to our help desk with more details and we’ll be happy to get this resolved for you one way or another.