PayPal Express Checkout
PayPal Express Checkout is the most popular method of integrating PayPal payments using web service APIs. It has many advantages over PayPal Standard including advanced features and flexibility.
CodeIgniter PayPal Integration Demo Kit
Our FREE CodeIgniter PayPal Library includes basic samples of many PayPal API calls that work out of the box. These samples are simply the individual calls on their own, though, and may not provide the necessary guidance if you are not already familiar with the PayPal API calls you will be working with.
This demo kit is based on our CodeIgniter PayPal Library, but it includes a fully functional static shopping cart displayed within a basic Bootstrap design, and the PayPal Express Checkout APIs are fully integrated into this demo. This provides an in depth look at exactly what calls are made and when within the process of a shopping cart checkout in CodeIgniter.
PayPal Express Checkout Basic Integration
This FREE demo kit includes a basic PayPal Express Checkout integration. The API calls are made with minimal required parameters to process a payment.
- Shopping cart with items is displayed.
- Click to login to PayPal account (sandbox account credentials provided if you do not have your own.)
- API call to setup the PayPal checkout is made and the buyer is redirected to PayPal.
- Only an order amount and basic order description are included with the basic demo.
- Buyer logs in and reviews the order/payment details.
- Buyer is returned to site and API call is made to gather buyer’s information (ie. contact info and shipping address).
- Final review is displayed with shipping and tax amounts included.
- API calls is made to finalize the order and process the payment.
- Demo completes at a payment successful page.
Additional Demo Kits
For more advanced features of Express Checkout and other PayPal APIs take a look at our CodeIgniter PayPal Demo Kits collection.